- Biocat™ Stubble is designed to break down
tough post-harvest residue such as corn stalks and soybean residue.
This special formulation of biological stimulants, enzymes, and amino
acids are designed to accelerate the growth and metabolism of naturally
occurring organisms that decompose tough-to-remove crop residue. Nutrients
tied up by the crop residue are released during the natural process
of organic decay and become available to subsequent crops.
What are the benefits?
- Increases nutrient availability—The availability of soil nutrients
increases as the decay process concludes. Thus, Biocat™ Stubble enhances
the yield of the next crop by working to accelerate the decay of residue
from the prior crop.
- Reduces erosion—The outer shell (lignin) of the plant residue is
left behind and serves as a soil cover to reduce wind and water erosion.
- Reduces chemical carryover—Pesticides remaining in the crop residue
can have an adverse affect on the growth of subsequent crops. A reduction
in crop residue reduces the potential for harmful chemical tie-up
- Reduces insects—By decomposing the remaining crop residue it eliminates
potential nesting sites for destructive insects like corn borer.
- Reduces volunteer corn—Remaining corncobs and kernels are digested
during the decay process and therefore unable to germinate the following
- Reduction in labor costs—Eliminates the need of having to manually
and mechanically remove stubborn post-harvest residue.
How is it applied?
- The decay process is more active in warmer weather, so we recommend
applying Biocat™ Stubble soon after harvest. Biocat™ Stubble is compatible
with most herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers and can be applied
in a tank mix with these products. It is non-toxic and does not require
special equipment or handling.